Precise Building Services Limited (“the Company”)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS
In these terms and conditions “the Company” shall mean any director, employee, contractor, sub-contractor or any person acting on behalf of Precise Building Services Limited for the purpose of completing the agreed job. “The Customer” shall mean the person, firm, company or authority whose order has been accepted by the Company. “The Works” shall mean any work to be carried out pursuant to an order accepted by the Company and agreed as per the written quotation.
1. The Company will provide the Customer with a written quotation setting out the scope of the Works. Upon receiving back the signed quotation the Company is of the understanding that the Customer has read and understood fully the Company’s Terms and Conditions.
2. There will be no charge for the quotation and the Customer is only bound by these terms and conditions upon acceptance of the quote.
3. Unless otherwise stated all prices are exclusive of Valued Added Tax (VAT).
4. Unless otherwise agreed in writing payment is due in two stages.
(a) 50% of total payment due a minimum of two days prior to commencement of the Works;
(b) 50% of total payment due upon completion of the Works.
Should payment not be received in accordance with this clause the Company will charge interest at the rate of 4% per annum above the base rate from time to time of Barclays Bank plc on all overdue amounts.
5. Payment should be made by bank transfer to the account provided to the Customer. Payment by any means other than bank transfer may incur additional costs.
6. A schedule of works will be produced according to the quotation accepted by the Customer. The Company limits the Works to this schedule and any alterations required by the Customer will be subject to re-quoting and additional charges. Any changes and/or additional works must be agreed in writing between the Company and the Customer and both parties must sign an amended quotation before the new Works commence.
7. The Company’s quotation does not include parking unless expressly stated at the time of the quotation being issued. The Customer must make the Company aware of any parking charges likely to be in effect at the time the works are carried out, and is liable for any such charges.
8. Access to the site must be provided between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, for the duration of the Works.
9. All prices quoted are based on the cost to the Company of goods and materials, labour, transport and other costs at the date when such prices were quoted. In the event of any such costs to the Company being increased directly or indirectly prior to the completion of the works, the Company reserves the right to charge all such increases as an addition to the quotation price.
10. Any commencement or completion dates are given by the Company in good faith. The Company shall not be liable for any loss, damage or expenses suffered by the Customer or any other party arising directly or indirectly from the Company’s failure to comply with such dates.
11. If any completion date is delayed for any reason beyond the Company’s control (including weather, hired equipment, accidents, loss, damage of any kind, strikes, lockouts, cessation of labour affecting any trade engaged upon the Works or the inability of the Company to secure labour and/or materials) a fair and reasonable extension of the time for completing the works shall be granted to the Company and the Customer will remain liable to pay for the value completed part.
12. The Customer will assume responsibility to remove from the work areas, all household and personal items (with the exception of large furniture such as sofas and beds), and store those items for the duration of the Works. The Company will not be held liable for damage to items not removed from the work area. Any and all items remaining in the work area will be moved by the Company, and the Customer agrees to pay a charge of £50.00 per man-hour for moving these items. The Company will move large furniture at no cost to the Customer (unless specified otherwise). The Company will not be held liable for any damage caused by moving any items.
13. Where applicable the Customer is responsible for the accuracy of any drawings, designs and/or specifications submitted to the Company. The Customer will indemnify the Company and keep it indemnified against any cost, claims, liabilities or damage caused by any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in such drawings, designs and/or specifications.
14. Materials and equipment delivered or stored at the Customer’s site for use will remain the Company’s property until applied or fixed to the Customer’s premises according to the quotation, or in the case of materials and equipment that remain unfixed until the Company has received payment in full. Until such fixing or payment the Customer is responsible for the security, protection and safe keeping of such materials and equipment.
15. The Customer authorises the Company to display a sign for the duration of the job, and to use photographs taken at the jobsite for display, promotion, and advertising, without compensation to the Customer.
16. All works carried out by the Company will be completed to industry standard and any representative of the Company will be accredited and approved and possess any and all insurances and qualifications as applicable. Any items installed or fitted will be done so in accordance with the manufacturer’s guidelines.
17. Upon substantial completion of work, the Customer agrees to conduct an inspection of the work with the Company. Any defects or uncompleted items should be noted at this time. The inspection must occur under normal lighting conditions, without magnification, and from a normal viewing position.